Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'm not an early adopter...but I'm close

My cell phone died. Not like the time I accidentally dropped it into a glass of beer (which is actually a lot worse for a phone than you would think) But my phone started dropping calls and then it started doing this thing where it turns itself off for no reason and then it started flashing...and not in the good way.
So I went to the Sprint store and they professionally confirmed my amature diagnosis: my Phone is Phucked.
So my gay-girly cell phone is being replaced with the newest latest version of my phone which coincidentally matches my new laptop. They are both wrapped in a glossy black case. Now I look like ' that guy'. The guy who has a matching cell phone-laptop combo. Like I planned that?
Whatever, at least I don't have a girl phone anymore. You have to understand, I have never seen a man carrying the same phone as me. I have met several women....actually, girls, that said "hey we have the same phone!"
Great.

The thing is, this is my 3rd new phone in a year.
3 phones ago I was one of those people who didn't know shit about phones and didn't care. Now I say things like "oh you have the A900...have they fixed the software expansion issues?"
I am not quite a phone geek but I know my shit a little more now.
Ok, so the point of the first replacement phone was that I wanted a phone that played mp3s.
So I got that. Loved that phone.
Then it broke.
They don't sell that phone anymore.
I got the girly phone (it's white...it has removable face plates...green, pink, blue?)
Then it broke.
They don't sell that phone anymore.
Now I am getting a new phone.
It's shiny and black.
Cool.
But really? Why the hell have I gone through 3 phones in a year?
And? Why have they stopped selling 2 of the phones I have gotten in a year?
Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this picture?
The funny thing is it makes me look like an early adopter, switching phones every 4 months or so...

No comments: