Friday, February 15, 2008

I got done with a good deed!

I left my wallet at home which wouldn't have been all that big of a deal if it weren't for the fact that the Saab is running on fumes.
I had a very bad feeling that I wouldn't make it home so I dug around in my back pack and managed to find $1.30.
Brilliant.
So I stopped at a gas station and walked in and said, "I know this is pathetic, but I left my wallet at home and I'm running on fumes ...so, $1.30 on five please."
The guy looked me up and down, saw a clean-cut white guy in a Ralph Lauren shirt and tie and figure I was a good risk for a microloan.
So he told me he was going to pump an extra $5 and I could just bring the $5 back tomorrow.
Nice.
I went to the store (after going home to get the wallet, duh)
and there they were...girl scouts.
I don't buy the cookies.
Ever.
I feel guilty about it, not helping out those sweet little girls and all....but I really don't need to be eating a box of cookies.
I never order desert, I rarely buy sweets...sometimes I will go nuts and get some sorbet at the store...
I was thinking about it and I decided, if I were to get rich somehow, I would buy Girl scout cookies every time I was asked. Then I decided I would also give change to every person that asked me.
Then I thought about having all those boxes of cookies....I don't need all those cookies. I mean sure, if I'm that rich I will have a personal trainer...
Then I had another idea.
I will give the cookies to the guys asking for change! Which would you rather have, .87 or a box of Thin Mints?
That's a no-brain-er.

So, my philantrophy master plan is really coming together...I've got that going for me.

No comments: