Saturday, February 9, 2008

I like the Internet but it is has some strange and terrible corners.
I came across tonight a video of an autopsy. And not this HBO-sanitized autopsy BS it was a training video.
I wasn't looking for it...but ....
OK, I started out on BoingBoing. There I came across a youtube video called La Pequeña Prohibida. The very fact that the video was there is odd because it's not usually the kind of thing they post, but anyway.

If you don't want to follow the link I'll just tell you it's a transvestite midget dancing to bad electronic music.

What I find personally interesting and odd is that I don't find this video all that interesting or odd. It's a cross dressing midget dancing around.

So what?
Am I weird for not finding that weird?
Anyway. From the readers comments I followed a link to a video of two Arabic guys who are either amputees or were born with no legs (Or a combination of the 2 I suppose) and these guys were dancing around to Arabic sounding music.
The cool thing about this video is that the 2 little guys are jumping and cartwheeling around the stage and the looks on their faces are like "oh yeah, I am that good".

And from there I got the link to the autopsy.

How did I run aground like this??
really... you can watch an actual woman...tan-lines and all...be given a Y incision...
WTF?
I mean, the tag said it was an autopsy, but nothing can really prepare you for seeing that kind of thing.

This is why I am resisting getting Turbo a laptop. That's what he wanted for Christmas. You can get one for less than $500.... but how do you balance being a good parent that wants to give a kid enough leeway to grow and become the best version of themselves with keeping them from seeing stuff that you think will be harmful to them?

Internet filters? Blogger please! I guarantee he could figure out how to disable or get around any filter faster than I could install it. The funny thing is I am more worried about him finding the really horrible shit by accident versus him looking for weird stuff.
He is a 12 year old boy. At some point he is going to try (and succeed) to look at some boobies.
I accept that, but I just don't want the women that have those boobies to also be wearing a diaper or a horsey-tail butt plug. (although maybe that's what will prepare him for high school...perhaps I'm being old fashioned)
I don't have the answer to this problem other than direct parental supervision. Which is kind of hard to do if he's taking a lap top to school, no?

So....Turbo?
No laptop for you!

No comments: