Monday, April 14, 2008

What you gonna do with all that funk?

When I was with Honda I had this guy come in to look at a Civic for his daughter. He was acting all Mr. Bigshot with me. Do you have any idea how many times I have dealt with Mr. Bigshot?
Dozens...hundreds...
Do you know how many times Mr. Bighsot has actually turned out to be a bigshot?
Never.
But...I did sell a car to the guy who invented the hybrid. You know...the Prius? regenerative breaking?
I sold a Prius to the guy who invented the technology 30 years ago...that's a big shot as far as I am concerned.
Yes, the major players in the market waited for his patent to run out...but...I read his patent.
Homeboy invented the shit.
Know what else? He lives off the grid. Has for years. He is Mr. Sustainable
So...I was at Honda, dealing with Mr. Bigshot. He's gonna buy a Civic for his daughter, never paid sticker...blah, blah, blah. But...the dude smells funky.
Not like B.O....just weird.
I can't place what weird smell is coming off the man...it's a kind of old dude-old school cologne. Like, Old Spice or something...but...also a weird funky smell.
So we get to the bone. We have negotiated this thing as much as we can.
and he splashes his card.
He throws his card down like he's splashing the pot.
It's a poker term...when the bets are down and you kind of throw your bet in and make the pot 'splash' ...he splashes his card down...
I look at it.."Mr. Bigshot, Plant Manager, Purina"
Oh shit.
This clown is the big-boss-man at the dogfood plant.
That explains the smell.
You have to know, if you have a dog-food factory, that shit stinks.
So I say the only sensible thing...
I sort of exclaim..."Dogfood!"
I am laughing because I have figured out why this fucker stinks.
Dogfood.
He says, "What?"
"Oh, I thought I knew you from somewhere..."

1 comment:

Christina said...

oh I know that smell.
we have a purina factory near our house. everytime we drive by Cole scream's EEWWWW THE SMELL and then holds his nose. By the way...we drive by it nearly everyday, therefore he screechs this nearly everyday.
good times