Friday, April 18, 2008

I Bought A Snobby Apple

Oh.my.god this is one uppity apple I bought myself.
It was sitting there amongst the 'regular' apples. (I don't know how it could stand it really)
Visually you would not be able to tell it's an upper crust, well bred apple.
It looks kind of like a Jonagold or a Fuji. Looks can be so deceiving.
The first clue I had that this was going to be an apple from the right family was it's name:
Corail Pinova.
Sounds like like a French Viscount, no?
The little sign below the apples told me they are organically grown (but of course) in Washington. It even went so far as to tell me the exact county in Washington. I didn't take note of it because I didn't anticipate enjoying the apple so much that I would feel the need to make a pilgrimage to it's birthplace.
I did however write down the description:
A combination of Orange Cox, Golden Delicious, and Duchess Of Oldenburg. A perfect blend of tart and sweet.

Are you fucking kidding me?
Really? Duchess of Oldenburg? Honestly?
I could not have made that up if I wanted to.
I feel like I should have gotten a pedigree with this apple.

It better be a pretty damn good apple with a lineage like that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so??? how was it?

michael said...

enhh, it was ok. Better than average but certainly didn't live up to the hype.