Tuesday, March 4, 2008

How can someone so smart act so stupid?

That is a paraphrase of a question someone very close to me has asked me numerous times over the years.
The only answer I have ever had is:
I don't know.
Last night I was getting out of my work clothes and for some reason I had massive trouble getting my right hand out of the sleeve...then I remembered it had been bit of a pain getting the right hand in...
so of course my analytic mind goes into overdrive to figure out why one hand goes easy and the other does not....
Clearly one hand is larger than the other!
I start to panic...
Why do I have one big hand?! ....Have I been masturbating excessively?!
I do switch hands....but still....could I have over-muscled my right hand?!

Right about then my rational mind says "well, unbutton the sleeve to get your Giant hand free"
Oh, wait...I have one sleeve buttoned on the first button...
and one on the second

So...good news ?
I don't have One Gigantic Hand...
Bad news?
I'm a fucking retard who can barely operate a dress shirt.

2 comments:

Christina said...

oh man...that made me laugh. so funny.

I think we all have these moments--like the time I was drunk and thought I was stuck in the bathroom stall of Chevy's (the mexican food place--not the car brand) I yanked so hard on the door it started to bend--then when I let go of it, it gently swung outward.

Good times

michael said...

I didn't even have the excuse of not being sober...