Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The voice Of God Sounds Like Dick Cheney Talking Into a Coffee Can

Do you remember when Bush/Cheney took office and Cheney had a secret meeting with a bunch of top executives from the oil industry? He refused to reveal what was discussed in the meeting other than "future energy policy."
The documents have been unsealed and basically what they were discussing was a plan to attack Iraq to secure the oil rights for American companies.
They had maps of the oil fields. They worked on issues such as how do we go about nullifying deals that Iraq already had in place to allow Russia to drill...you know, minor details.
All of this of course took place prior to 9/11.

I remember being a little baffled when Bush came out and said we were going to invade Iraq...
Afghanistan at least made some sense.
But Iraq?
I only now just put this together...but do you recall Bush saying that God spoke to him?
I bet when they were trying to convince Bush of this hair brained scheme even he was a little confused
"So we attacked Afghanistan 'cause that's where those bad Saudi guys came from....but why are we going to Iraq?"
I'm picturing him getting all confused by their stupid excuses, "Yellow cake uranium? Sounds delicious!"
So they set up a Chinese screen and a chair in the Oval office:
"Hey Mr. President, we're thinking about putting some more of these chairs in the White House, can you sit here and tell us what you think?"

GW: OK, did you know I can tell if a chair is comfortable just by sitting in it?
(Dick Cheney sidles up on the other side of the screen with an empty Folgers coffee can)
DC: (talking into the can) George, can you hear me?
GW: Is that you Mr. Cheney?
DC: What? No! It's me God.
GW: oh, 'cause you sound a lot like Mr. Cheney talking into a coffee can.
DC: Ummm yeah I get that a lot.
GW: Mr. Cheney scares me, God. He's like The Emperor in Star Wars.
DC:Uhh, yeah it's ok, don't be scared for I am the Lord? Anyway, look I need to talk to you about Iraq.
GW: Oh man! I was just talking about this with Mr. Cheney! He thinks we should invade them and stuff.
DC: Mr. Cheney is a very wise man, you should invade Iraq. Saddam Hussein is an evil man. He must be taken out.
GW: Is he eviler than The Emperor?
DC: (sigh) Yes George, much more evil than The Emperor.
GW: ok God I'll do it.
DC: Good boy George...before I go I have one other thing to discuss with you...have you been hiding Mr. Cheney's heart pills from him?
GW: Heh, heh, heh, yeah I have been doing that. It's funny he gets all mad and his face turns red..
DC: George, do you realize that he could die without those pills? Do you know what would happen if Mr. Cheney died?
GW: Umm no..
DC: Then you would have to be in charge of the country and you would have to make the decisions instead of Mr. Cheney. Do you want that George?
GW: NO! I won't do it anymore I swear!
DC: Good, so no more shenanigans?
GW: Heh, heh, heh...that's what Mr Cheney Always yells at me "George! No more shenanigans!"

No comments: