Thursday, January 3, 2008

lets all count our blessings...and our felonies

I had a touching customer on Christmas eve.
I won't bore you with the details.

Short version: she has bone cancer.
She has always wanted a New Beetle. We had the exact car she wanted so she came in and bought it. It was the easiest sale ever and she damn near broke my heart.
She cried when she found out she would be able to take the car home the same night. I almost cried when she told me that the person taking her cancer the hardest was her 11 year old. Jeebus, Turbo is just 12 right?
She talked about how she needed the car to go to her real estate classes, 2 nights a week.
What a trooper! Given a year to live but still taking the classes?!
She was a Hugger (2 times) and a Cryer (3 times)

So I went into Christmas feeling a little better about the fact that I wasn't going to see Turbo this year.
It was hard at first but once I had some perspective ....I may not see him this season, but at least I knew I would be alive to see him next year...

That was the 24th.

Today we found out she used a stolen identity.
I know at least one manager is trying to make me the scapegoat on this deal even though I was the only one to not drop the ball.
See, it turns out the person whose identity she assumed to get the car had a fraud alert on it.
If you know how to read a credit report you can tell that there were a lot of discrepancies.
For example, she said her current address was xyz but her credit report showed that to be a previous address.
Um...that's called a 'red flag'...Should have been caught by at least one of the managers that handled the deal, no?
Sooo...I may lose my job because of this.

Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Christina said...

soooo....what happened?

michael said...

The felon is still on the loose as far as I know.
My job? Not sure. I was offered the option of quitting..I'll have to get back to you on that one.