Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I am dangerously close to buying a Saab. Pray for me.

First, don't let the title of the post confuse you into thinking I don't like Saabs.
I like esoterica and weirdness. I have owned plenty of cool, yet weird, cars so this would just be another in the line. I mean, some of my greatest automotive memories happened in a VW Thing
But at this point in my life? I know better.
The only way I would buy a classic Saab at this point is if it was owned by an older guy. One owner. All service records. Low miles...
So I have a customer that the only way he can buy a car is if he gets rid of this car.
Ok. I have a chance to buy a $3-4,000 car for $1,000
And he's the one owner blah blah blah.
So if all works out My winter car will be a Saab 900 turbo convertible.
(anyone see the irony here? The PO made this his summer only car and this will be my winter only car...nevermind)...so if I start talking about Swedish automotive arcana in the next few months you will be able to look back at this as the day it started.
BTW, I found a set of Carrol Shellby limited edition wheels for the Saab on craigslist. These wheels were a factory tuner special available in dealerships from '87 to '91 ...anyway...wish me luck.

No comments: