Thursday, January 24, 2008

Chuck Norris is Hilarious

I have to admit I never watched Walker Texas Ranger because I always assumed it was a stupid drama for people with low standards of credulity.
Oh how wrong I was.
It is actually an hilarious comedy. Brilliantly funny stuff people.
I happened to catch a few minutes of Walker right before a commercial break.
It seems that Walker was on some kind of undercover operation. He was working amongst some men that appeared to be migrant workers of some sort. Chuck was wearing an absurd black wig. I don't know if this is a standard feature of the show or if it was because he was"undercover". Either way the wig was super funny looking.
So this one migrant guy goes to get some water and the slave driver redneck type boss yells at the guy for getting water twice in one day.
This is where the funny starts to happen.
Walker steps up for the guy, and the fight is on!
(I think one of the migrant guys in the background might have even yelled "It's ON!" in Spanish)
So this really funny fight sequence breaks out....at one point Walker is holding a guy by the scruff of his neck and punching the guy in the stomach. It was priceless the way the guy kept hopping up in the air every time Walker "punched " him. i have seen a lot of fights and I have never seen anyone get held by the scruff of the neck.
Anyway, the next part is where it gets really funny. One of the rednecks grabs a rope and lassos Walker and then somehow they tie the rope to a truck really quickly and start dragging Walker around...and then cut to commercial.
Wow! That was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
I couldn't wait for them to come back from commercial so I pulled up Youtube where I found a clip of Walker fighting a bear.
Koala?
no.
Panda?
No, Grizzly!
Ya' heard!?
So this bear spends a lot of time chewing on Walkers sleeve and going "RAWR!"
Then Walker wins the fight through a clever combination of "stink eye" and "stare down"...maybe a little "gas-face" thrown in.
That was pretty funny too....but here's how I would have written it.
Instead of a bear? It would have been one of those Killer Whales that beaches itself to grab a sea lion off the shore...and right as the Killer Whale comes up on the sand Walker steps up and round house kicks the whale in the face.

How cool would that be?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everytime I see Chuck Norris on something I always say "thank-you chuck norris" (from the movie dodgeball) well...it always makes us laugh