Sunday, September 30, 2007

this story is a bushel of laughs

They were selling roasted Hatch chilies near my work.
$13.00 for a half bushel, $22.00 for a whole bushel.
The problem, as I see it, is nobody knows what a damn "bushel" looks like.
I know it's a unit of measurement used in regards to produce...but...how much is it really?
They could be ripping me off!
It's related to the whole rip off tactic where they offer you a sale price at the store 9 for $12.00? right but how much is it PER?
I am going to start negotiating my deals in shekels or rupees or something.
"wait, my payment is $6,000.00 rupees a month?"
"Yeah it's an awesome deal, you'd be stupid not to take it"
Or maybe,
" your payment is only $53.00 every 96 hours "
and the customer is thinking " lets see...96 hours is...four days. 30 days in a month...divide that by 4 that's umm...like 7 times a month? so seven times $53.00 is like...$300 something a month...fuck I don't know!"

Needless to say I did not fall for the bushel bullshit....They agreed to sell them to me 13 chilies for $9.00...I'm no sucker!

No comments: