Monday, September 17, 2007

The home mortgage market has shit the bed, we all know that.
So I am out of equity loans, at this point it's a dry well and I need more action more money.
So I went and got myself a job at the number one Subaru dealership in the country.
Yes, I'm back selling cars.
Anytime you start a new job people are keeping an eye on you to see if you can hack it....but a car dealership? they take it to the next level.
The hazing that a Greenpea can get can be brutal. You have to be able to hold you own in the shit talking department.
(are you worried for my safety?)
I walk into the managers office first day. About 6 people are standing around, 3 managers, 3 or 4 sales people.
I say, holding my messenger back up, "where should I put this?"
manager one says, "I know it's your first day but be careful how you say things, I could have made a couple of choice remarks to that"
to which I said, "hey, I could have said, Chris, where would you like me to put my sack?"
that got a good laugh.
manager two says, " I think you're going to fit in just fine"

The funny thing? That kind of thing gets you fired at a bank.

No comments: