Friday, July 20, 2007

My first blog...aww precious moments

Ok I started blogging elsewhere...but I'm draggin' my old shit over herr...
so
first one...no editing


I came to Colorado with this idea that I had this person waiting here for me and we were going to be together...it seemed beyond inevitable. Then a funny thing happened. ....well actually nothing happened. I'm not sure where it stands now other than we won't have to argue over who sleeps on which side of the bed...I certainly have learned ( at least a little bit...because really I'm not so smart and I'll probably have to re-learn this lesson a few times more before it sticks) to check my expectations at the door and wait and see what happens.
But here's the thing, expectations run both directions.
I was not expecting to like my new job as much as I have so far. Ok, yes, I haven't actually started doing my new job, I'm still going through the training...but I like the schedule I'm going to have, I can pick up all the overtime I want ( I am cursed with free time so I may as well do something productive instead of all the things my little impulses could get me into) and the people that I work for? I have never seen such a relentlessly upbeat group of people. Not pollyanna bullshit either. They seem to really like the people they work with and the company they work for. There is actually a manager whose nickname is 'tater-tot' If i could make shit like that up I wouldn't be 'blogging' i'd have a book deal.
Then last night...(maybe I should mix up the time frame so that the woman I'm about to talk about doesn't know it's her...or maybe I already did) I went out with a woman for drinks. A person who shall remain nameless (it rhymes with Sharlot...that's all I'll say) looked at my dates myspace picture and said.." she won't be smart enough for you" ...what? "I have a feeling about these things" ok whatever. But I think the seed was planted. Because I was kind of surprised when I got there ..I wasn't bored ...at all. We had a good time, a nice conversation. Even the Holy Trinity of first date no-no's came up ...exes, religion and politics... fortunately we agreed on all three (she's better off without the ex, George Bush is an idiot and the fact that he says nuke-u-lar, instead of nuke-le-ar proves it, and we don't attend services...ever.)
So what happens next? I don't know...but I certainly am not going to entertain any sort of expectations...I'm going with the flow until further notice

No comments: